Intern for a Day connects undergraduate students with alumni, parents, employers and community partners for one day internship/shadowing experiences. This spring, we have 200+ hosts with 550+ possible shadowing placements in a wide variety of fields and industries!
Criminology & Criminal Justice students may be particularly interested in the following sites:
- Birch Stewart Kolasch & Birch
- Calvert County Detention Center
- Charles County Government (Commissioner)
- Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County
- Circuit Court for Howard County
- Court of Special Appeals
- Development Services Group, Inc.
- District Court of Maryland for Baltimore County
- Family Services, Inc.
- Hassan, Hassan, & Tuchman
- Law Office of Peter C. Wolk
- Marriot International (finance & legal)
- Montgomery County Police Department
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) (Grants Specialist)
- Office of the Public Defender
- Pipe Gordon Wells (Investigator)
- Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
- Social Security’s Office of Disability Adjudication and Review
- The Harbour School
- Tri County Youth Services Bureau
Review the complete list of participating hosts now!
In order to be considered for Intern for a Day, students must attend a short, 30-minute orientation session which covers the application process, workplace etiquette, appropriate dress, professional correspondence and more.
Spring 2016 Intern for a Day Orientation Options:
- Tuesday, February 9, 12-12:30pm
- Tuesday, February 9, 4-4:30pm
- Wednesday, February 10, 12-12:30pm
- Wednesday, February 10, 4-4:30pm
- Thursday, February 11, 12-12:30pm
- Thursday, February 11, 4-4:30pm
To RSVP to reserve your spot today, please visit: http://www.careers.umd.edu/page.cfm?page_id=281!
The Intern for a Day application deadline is Sunday, February 14 at 11:59 p.m. Students receive the application via email after attending one mandatory orientation session. More details can be found at www.Careers.umd.edu/InternForADay
For immediate questions, contact email@example.com.