The Baltimore Police Department is looking for entry level police officers for their next academy class. Starting salary for an entry level police officer is $46,199 in 2014 and goes up to $48,971 in 2015. In addition, all Entry Level Police Officers accrue vacation leave and receive full benefits (medical, dental, etc.). With more than 2,900 sworn police officers on the department, the opportunity for professional and personal growth is great. If you or someone you know is interested in a rewarding career in policing, please visit www.BPDRecruit.com for information about joining the Baltimore Police Department.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Solo criminal defense attorney in Greenbelt seeks part time legal assistant. Duties include answering the phone, drafting letters and legal pleadings, scheduling meetings and client visits, filing, maintaining office organization, organizing client files, contacting court offices to track down legal documents and schedule hearings, and various administrative support as required. Depending on interest, skills, performance, and growth of practice, position could eventually evolve to full time.
- Previous legal experience required
- strong interest or background in criminal law preferred
- Must be detail-oriented
- able to work independently
- proficient with various administrative functions including drafting letters and legal documents, internet searches, use of Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of FileMaker a plus
As an entry-level Police Officer with the Metropolitan Police Department, you will perform the vital public services of preserving the peace, protecting life and property, preventing crime, apprehending criminals, and enforcing the laws and ordinances of the District of Columbia and the United States.
- At least 21 years of age
- A citizen of the United States
- Completed at least 60 semester hours of college credits; or 3 years of active duty military service; or 5 years of prior law enforcement experience
- Possess an honorable military discharge (if applicable)
- Possess a valid drivers license
Police Officer candidates must successfully pass a written examination, a physical ability test, and a thorough background investigation that includes a medical examination, drug screening, psychological evaluation, and polygraph examination.
Description of Position:
Performs law enforcement duties in an assigned area during a specific period; assists in investigations of criminal offenses and in the apprehension of criminals; does related work as required.
- Graduation from high school; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Possession of a valid driver's license issued by the State of Virginia
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Requires a pre-employment physical examination and/or medical tests administered by Henrico County Employee Health Services
- You must be 21 years of age or older by the hire date to be eligible for this position
- The projected hire date for this process is December 1, 2014