You may apply by clicking this link during the open period www.montgomerycountymd.gov/careers or the APPLY NOW button at www.joinmcp.com
- Click on “Search Jobs”
- Click “Register today” on the right side of the page to create an account. If you have applied previously, Click “login to AccessMCG Extranet” to login to your account.
- Once you are logged into an account, click “Search Jobs”
- Select Public Safety from the drop down and click “Go”
- Click on the blue Name starting with IRC to the left of Police Officer Candidate
- Click “Apply Now” in the upper right corner of that job description
When applying on-line resumes are not required they are optional. When the system opens it will state that resumes for POC (Police Officer Candidate) are optional.
Minimum Qualifications (at the time of application):
1a. Possession of an Associate's Degree or its equivalent (60 college credits or 90 college quarter hours) at time of application.
1b. Three (3) years of active duty military service. Applicant must provide official proof of separation from the military in good standing with an honorable discharge prior to being extended a conditional officer of employment
1c. 3 years of sworn law enforcement experience, with arrest powers, eligible for rehire as defined by MCPD
2. Not less than 21 years of age at the time of graduation from the academy.
3. United States citizenship.
4. Possession of a valid driver's license from any state.
Successful completion of a comprehensive background investigation conducted by the Department of Police and a medical examination is also required.