Tuesday, October 6, 2020

BSOS Career Chats: Opportunity to learn about legal career paths

BSOS Career Chats: Mini conversations around BIG topics

Interested in career paths in the Legal field? Register to join: go.umd.edu/careerchats

Nikkia Wharton, COMM '06 | Senior Counsel, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission:  Nikkia graduated from the University of Maryland, College Park in May 2006 with a BA in Communication Studies. She graduated from Howard University School of Law in May 2009. She has been licensed to practice law in Virginia since 2009. She worked as an Attorney-Advisor at the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Administrative Law Judges from 2009-2012 prior to joining the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. REGISTER TO JOIN: go.umd.edu/careerchats October 13th @ 4 pm
  
Taylor Henderson, GVPT '18 | Law Student, Villanova Law:  July 2016, I began my internship as a Program Support Trainee with the United States Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Office of Information and Technology Management. As a Program Support Trainee, my main responsibility was to coordinate language services requests for the division. Throughout my time with the Criminal Division, I had the opportunity to work on cybersecurity policies and serve on the selection committee for the new language services contract. Once I graduated, I transferred to the Environment and Natural Resources Division of DOJ, where I served as a legal assistant. A few months into my position, I decided that I wanted to attend law school and began to study for the LSAT. Currently, I am a student at Villanova Law. REGISTER TO JOIN: go.umd.edu/careerchats November 3rd @ 12 pm

 

View all BSOS CAREER CHATS: Interested in learning about a new field or gaining industry specific application tips? Attend this 30-minute session to learn how these alumni made it! The session will be informal and start with a short overview, followed by a Q&A with students. Students will have the option to talk with professionals through the Zoom chat feature or unmute themselves to pose questions. Questions about the Career Chats? Please email bsoscareers@umd.edu


Hosted by the Joel and Kim Feller BSOS Advising & Career Planning office.