York County, PA Police Department is currently hiring. York County Police Department is a part of a police hiring consortium. An applicant can take one test and earn eligibility for 13 police departments.
The Metropolitan York Police Testing Consortium will be holding entry level testing on Friday, February 22, 2013 at 7:00PM and Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 9:00AM at the York County School of Technology, located at 2179 South Queen Street York, PA 17403. The testing will consist only of the written examination. Member departments participate in the York County Forensic Team, The York County Drug Task Force, and the York County Quick Response Team. Each department offers an attractive starting salary and elaborate benefits packages. Many of the participating departments have applicant drug policies, which will be considered prior to hiring.
· Applicant requirements are as follows:
· U.S. Citizen
· Age 21 by July 1, 2013—Non-Civil Service Departments
· Age 21 by February 15 2013—Civil Service Departments
· Must possess a valid PA Driver’s License prior to appointment
· Physically and mentally fit
· Applicants will be required to pass a physical fitness test prior to appointment (standards may be reviewed on the MPOETC website at www.mpoetc.state.pa.us)
NOTE: Veterans receive standard Veteran’s Preference points or Veteran’s Preference.
Please visit www.yorkpolicejobs.org for additional information.