Students graduating from our Honors Program receive a departmental honors notation on their diploma and have the opportunity to add a very unique experience to their resumes. Many of the CCJS Honors Program graduates have attended Ivy League graduate and law schools, including the University Of Pennsylvania School Of Social Work, Georgetown Law, and the UMD CCJS doctoral program. Additionally, some Honors students have moved on to careers with agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Homeland Security, and Teach For America.
Requirements for Admission:
- A declared CCJS major
- A cumulative GPA of at least a 3.25
- A minimum 3.40 GPA in all CCJS major coursework
- Satisfactory completion of CCJS 100 and CCJS 105
- Students must present evidence of satisfactory writing
- Student should be entering their Junior year in Fall 2017
- At least 3 full consecutive semesters remaining at the University of Maryland starting Fall 2017
Meeting all requirements does not guarantee admission. Only the top applicants will be admitted into the CCJS Honors Program.
For additional information about the honors program, including the structure and required courses, please visit the CCJS Honors Program page.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying to our Honors program, please submit the following:
- The CCJS Honors application (available on the CCJS website)
- An unofficial transcript
- A paragraph explaining your passion and/or ability to conduct research and why you are a suitable candidate for the CCJS Honors Program
- A writing sample that is approximately 3-5 pages in length (the writing sample can be a portion of a larger paper or a paper on its own)
All application packets must be submitted to CCJS Advising. Applications will be accepted in hard copy, by fax (301) 314-9355, and via e-mail email@example.com.
All applications are due by 4:00 PM on Monday July 3, 2017.
If you have any questions about the CCJS Honors Program, please contact CCJS Advising at (301) 405-4729 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.