The Choice Program, a signature program of UMBC and The Shriver Center, is a nationally recognized initiative that serves youth in Maryland’s juvenile justice system. The Choice Program intervention focuses on a community-based, family-centered case management approach to delinquency prevention and youth development. As discussed with many of you at our recent college fairs, The Choice Program currently operates three team models in the Baltimore area: the Intensive Advocacy program, the Choice Jobs Program, and the Choice Education Program.
Our interviewing process consists of:
1. An informational group interview on campus at UMBC where you will learn an overview of our current mission and daily operations.
2. If selected to move forward, you will shadow a current Americorps Fellow during their evening field responsibilities. You will have the chance to interface with clients, learn about the communities we serve, and ask any questions.
3. The final portion of the interviewing process is an individual 2nd interview with your potential supervisor.
Please keep in mind the following requirements for eligibility to serve a fellowship with The Choice Program:
- Bachelor's Degree in any field/concentration
- A vehicle and valid driver's license
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Able to work nights & weekends
- Are PASSIONATE about making a difference