You can apply online at http://joinMCP.com
The online process has changed and you will now be expected to set up an account through iRecruitment. Go to the iRecruitment Visitor Homepage link in the middle of the page. Click "Register Today" to create an account and then you can Search Jobs under the category of Public Safety for Police Officer Candidate.
When applying on-line resumes are not required they are optional. When the system opens it will state that resumes for POC (Police Officer Candidate) are optional.
All test dates will be scheduled via e-mail. Please check your e-mail and spam box daily.
The Following Minimum Qualifications Must Be Met By All Police Officer Applicants
1. Possession of an Associate's Degree or it's equivalent (60 college credits or 90 college quarter hours) at time of application. We do not substitute prior law enforcement or military experience for the credit requirement. The college credits can be in any concentration.
2. Not less than 21 years of age at the time of graduation from the Academy.
3. United States citizenship.
4. Possession of a valid driver's license from any state within the United States.
5. Successful completion of a comprehensive background investigation conducted by the Department of Police.
Successful candidates must pass a written examination, structured interview, polygraph examination, background investigation, psychological and medical evaluations.
Applicants maybe expected to come to our location six (6) times in order to complete the application process. The application process can take up to six months.
We offer a starting salary of $47,959.00 for Police Officer Candidates. Lateral salary range (based on prior police or military police experience):
$49,638 – 1 year
$51,376 – 2 years
$53,175 – 3 years
$55,036 – 4 years
$56,963 – 5 years
- 4 day work week for patrol officers
- Permanent shift schedule
- Differential pay for bilingual capabilities based on certification (averages $2,000 - $4,000 per year, based on fluency and hours worked)
- Paid Holidays, accrued sick, annual and compensatory leave
- All uniforms furnished to include cleaning and alteration
- All leather goods furnished to include boots and shoes
- Eligibility to participate in Take Home Police Car Program after 18 months of employment
- Liberal 25 year retirement plan/ Deferred compensation
- Paid military leave for training purposes (15 days per year)
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, prescription drug plan
- Employee assistance plan
- Professional improvement leave
- Worker’s compensation Insurance
- College tuition Assistance for continuing education
- Promotional opportunities
- Extensive In-service training and specialized career opportunities
- Credit union
- Salary and benefits subject to change
I look forward to working with you during the selection process.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact via email or at the number listed below.
PO3 Mauricio Veiga
Montgomery County Department of Police
100 Edison Park Dr.
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
O: (240) 773-5314