Montgomery County Police Department (Maryland) will be accepting applications for the position of Police Officer Candidate from March 1, 2014 - March 25, 2014. This application process is for the Fall 2014 Academy Class.
You can apply online at http://www.joinmcp.com
The online process has changed and you will now be expected to set up an account through iRecruitment. Go to the iRecruitment Visitor Homepage link in the middle of the page. Click "Register Today" to create an account and then you can Search Jobs under the category of Public Safety for Police Officer Candidate.
When applying on-line resumes are not required they are optional. When the system opens it will state that resumes for POC (Police Officer Candidate) are optional.
All test dates will be scheduled via e-mail. Please check your e-mail and spam box daily.
The Following Minimum Qualifications Must Be Met By All Police Officer Applicants:
- Possession of an Associate's Degree or it's equivalent (60 college credits or 90 college quarter hours) at time of application. We do not substitute prior law enforcement or military experience for the credit requirement.
- Not less than 21 years of age at the time of graduation from the Academy.
- United States citizenship.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Successful completion of a comprehensive background investigation conducted by the Department of Police.
Successful candidates must pass a written examination, structured interview, polygraph examination, background investigation, psychological and medical evaluations.
Applicants maybe expected to come to our location six (6) times in order to complete the application process.