Plan your federal or state job/internship search
Securing a federal position post-graduation takes patience and planning. Get started today by pursuing a federal internship, networking, or start the application process. The University Career Center @ BSOS has compiled tips, videos, and insider’s guides to help you be successful!
Confused about career options?
Try Focus2, the University Career Center & The President’s Promise’s online career and education planning system. Focus2 allows UMD students to…
- Identify career goals.
- Take personality, leisure, skills, and work self-assessments.
- Explore possible career options by reviewing “What Can I do with a Major in…” career title lists.
Focus2 analyzes students’ assessment answers to provide career options for students to start exploring. It also provides a database of occupation titles that includes a brief overview of each occupation. Access your free FOCUS2 account by logging into Careers4Terps. Once logged in, locate the FOCUS2 icon and click on it to create an account (access code: goterps).
Work, Volunteer, and Intern Abroad!
Going Global is an interactive search database provided by the University Career Center & The President’s Promise that connects students with international job openings and internship opportunities from countries around the world. The site includes:
- Detailed, expert written Country Career Guides (Perfect for researching a country of interest!)
- Employer directory with in depth corporate profiles
- Step- by-step tutorial
- Department of Labor H1B visa application database (For international students seeking employment in the U.S.)
- Interview and cultural advice; resume and cover letter examples
To access these international opportunities, visit the Career Center’s website (www.careers.umd.edu) and click the blue Going Global button in the bottom left hand corner.