Spring registration begins on Thursday, October 29, 2015 for special populations. Registration for Seniors begins Monday, November 2, 2015. Registration dates and times are set by credit level, with higher credit levels registering first. Students can view their individual registration date and time through Testudo.
Please keep the following information in mind:
- All CCJS courses (except CCJS 100, CCJS 105, CCJS 225 and CCJS 325) require a departmental permission/stamp. To obtain permission/stamp to register for a CCJS course, please visit the departmental stamps website: www.ccjsstamps.umd.edu. CCJS Advising highly recommends students obtain their departmental stamps well in advance of their registration appointment.
- Students are allowed permission for up to 3 CCJS courses. The exceptions to this rule are: CCJS 332, internship credit, and teaching assistant credit. On the first day of class (January 25, 2016), students may obtain permission for a fourth or more CCJS courses.
- CCJS 498C is a course reserved for students in the campus police auxiliary. If you are in police auxiliary, please contact your supervisor for Police Auxiliary.
- Know your registration date/time and register as soon as possible.
- BSOS College does not allow oversubscriptions. If a class is full, please add yourself to the waitlist.
- Clear any registration blocks as soon as possible. Common registration blocks include: financial block (Bursars Office), vaccination block (Health Center), graduation plan (BSOS Advising), audit (both CCJS and BSOS Advising), and fundamental studies block (you must register in person at the Mitchell Building).
Spring 2016 Graduates
- Students planning on graduating in Spring 2016 can now apply for graduation through Testudo. May 2016 graduates have until the end of schedule adjustment for the spring semester (February 5, 2015) to apply for graduation.
- Students planning to graduate/finish course work in Summer 2016 should NOT complete the Spring 2016 graduation application. Summer 2016 graduates will complete a Summer graduation application, which opens after February 5, 2015.
- Graduating seniors are not required to complete a senior audit, however, if a student wants to discuss remaining courses/credits, it is suggested they schedule an appointment with CCJS Advising. Appointments can be scheduled via email firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (301) 405-4729.
- After completion of the graduation application, BSOS/CCJS Advising only contacts students who have problems (missing courses/credits). If you do not hear from our office, then you are considered a pending graduate.
- Information about May 2016 Commencement will be released in early spring, including information on the University ceremony, CCJS ceremony logistics, and purchasing a cap and gown. For preliminary information including ceremony dates, times, and locations please visit: http://www.commencement.umd.edu/spring2016.cfm.