Key Points to the Program:
- Candidates must be current degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate students. Graduating seniors who intend to enroll directly in graduate school are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Summer interns are expected to work full-time (40 hours) for at least 10 weeks; Annual interns, local to the National Capital Region, are expected to work part-time in consultation with their supervisor.
- In addition to performing office duties, interns participate in lectures and field trips to develop a greater appreciation of DHS and the IC. Summer 2016 field trips included visiting the Washington DC Fusion Center, the National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center, the National Operations Center, the National Targeting Center and Mt. Weather.
- Interns may perform rotations across I&A as part of their experience.
- Interns are paid
- Interns may be converted to full-time employment based on performance and available billets.
More information about the internship and how to apply can be found in this PDF.
More information about I&A in general can be found in this PDF.