1. Campus-Wide Commencement Ceremony
2. Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice Ceremony
1. Campus-Wide Commencement Ceremony –Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 7:00 PM (Xfinity Center)
Tickets are required for the campus-wide commencement ceremony. Each graduate will receive three guest tickets and one processional ticket for their personal use. Tickets will only be issued to students who are completing ALL degree requirements by May 2016. Directions with log in access to the ticket site will be emailed to all eligible graduating students on May 2, 2016 by Athletics. Tickets can be claimed beginning May 4, 2016. For more information regarding ticket distribution visit http://commencement.umd.edu/
5:00 PM Doors open
5:30 PM Graduates report to Lot 4B by Xfinity Center (no later than)
6:20 PM Procession of graduates begins
7:00 PM Ceremony begins
2. Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice Ceremony – Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 12:00 PM (Reckord Armory)
Undergraduate & Masters Students - Assemble in regalia at 11:00 AM in the basement of the Armory. Check-in with a graduation marshal to obtain your name card and receive line-up information.
Tickets are not required for the CCJS departmental ceremony and students are not required to RSVP. However, seating in the Armory is limited so we request that students keep their total number of guests to no more than six.
Free parking for students and guests will be available in any lot or parking garage on campus. Recommended parking closest to the Armory is available in the Regents Drive Garage. It is a 10 minute walk from the garage to the Armory and free shuttles to the Armory are also available.
For those with state-licensed disabled parking tags, there are handicapped parking spots available next to the Armory in Lot L, but spaces are limited and will be available on a first come, first served basis. Please note there is a graduation ceremony at 9:00AM before CCJS in the Armory, so the handicap spaces may be extremely limited. There will be a drop-off area outside of the Armory where guests can drive up to the rear (accessible) entrance of the Armory and drop off anyone who requires physical assistance.
A parking map for the Armory is available on our website: http://ccjs.umd.edu/content/
graduation-information. For additional information about parking, parking for the campus-wide ceremony, and campus maps, please visit: http://commencement.umd.edu/ travel---parking.html#parking.
Disabled guests and/or families with baby strollers needing to avoid stairs can enter the Armory through the rear (accessible) entrance adjacent to the Main Administration Building. This door opens directly onto the gym floor and once guests enter the Armory, they can sit anywhere they like. It is floor seating only, no bleachers or stairs. Wheelchair seating will be marked off so guests should see a commencement volunteer (wearing name tags) or an usher (in yellow jackets) for assistance.
If additional accommodations are needed, such as a sign-language interpreter, please send an email to email@example.com as soon as possible.
In order to participate in the campus-wide and CCJS ceremony, students must purchase graduation regalia at the University Book Center. For more information please visit: http://commencement.umd.edu/
- If additional accommodations are needed, such as a sign-language interpreter, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP
- Graduates – you will be standing a long time. You will also be walking across a stage with 3,000 people watching you. Wear comfortable shoes
- There is no place for graduates to store belongings. Please leave all valuables, bags, and coats with your guest(s) or in your car
- The CCJS ceremony will last approximately 90 minutes
- Additional information about the CCJS Ceremony, including a parking map, is available on the CCJS Graduate webpage: http://ccjs.umd.edu/content/
- Questions about the CCJS Commencement Ceremony should be directed to: email@example.com