Application Closing: Tuesday, April 19, 2016
The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is a federal law enforcement agency in the Legislative Branch of Government. Our mission is “To protect Congress, its legislative processes, Members, employees, visitors and facilities from crime, disruption, or terrorism.” Our agency is charged with protecting life and property, preventing, detecting and investigating criminal acts: enforcing traffic regulations throughout a large complex of congressional building. We serve these individuals throughout the entire United States, its territories and possessions, and the District of Columbia. As “America’s Police Department,” USCP employs approximately 2000 sworn and civilian personnel that provide a full range of security and law enforcement services to the Congressional community.
We are seeking positive thinking, courteous, and self-confident individuals for entry-level police officer positions which offer competitive salaries; comprehensive benefits and extensive professional development and training.
As a United States Capitol Police (USCP) Officer, you will perform a full range of rewarding police duties and responsibilities which include:
- Enforcing federal, state, county and municipal laws and ordinances, and agency rules and regulations relating to law enforcement
- Protecting the Capitol complex, Members of Congress, visitors, and staff from threats of crime and disruption; preserving law and order; serving as a deterrent to crime and other violations of laws, rules, and regulations
- Taking charge of accidents and crime scenes, restrict access; observe, stop and question suspicious person
- Preparing reports, and testifying in court
- Performing protective services, guarding federal owned buildings and property and protecting government equipment and material
Upon successful completion of training, probation, tie in grade and completion of all experience requirements, future competitive promotions may be available to become a higher rank or officer within a specialized area such as; Patrol Division, K-9, Containment Emergency Response Team (CERT), Dignitary Protection (DPD), Intelligence (INTEL), Hazardous Material Response Team (HMRT), Threats and/or other positions within the agency.
Applicants may review and apply for this position through the Office of Personnel Management's website at USAJobs. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434108800/
Learn more about the Police Officer position requirements, benefits, salary, and hiring process at our website! www.uscapitolpolice.gov or www.usajobs.gov