Do you value independence and a sense of achievement in your work?
Have you explored a career in Retail Loss Prevention?
O*NET OnLine describes Retail Loss Prevention Specialist’s tasks to include:
- Implement or monitor processes to reduce property or financial losses.
- Investigate known or suspected internal theft, external theft, or vendor fraud.
- Collaborate with law enforcement agencies to report or investigate crimes.
- Direct work of contract security officers or other loss prevention agents.
- Identify and report merchandise or stock shortages.
- Inspect buildings, equipment, or access points to determine security risks.
- Monitor compliance with standard operating procedures for loss prevention, physical security, or risk management.
- Perform covert surveillance of areas susceptible to loss, such loading docks, distribution centers, or warehouses
Learn more about the field of loss prevention by visiting O*NET OnLine at, www.onetonline.org/link/summary/33-9099.02) or by speaking with the following employers at the Criminal Justice Career & Internship Fair (www.Careers.umd.edu/CJFair), March 6, 2013.
*Kohl’s Department Stores- Loss Prevention Internship
*Target Corporation- Leader- Assets Protection