The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), Office of Inspector General (OIG) has available one intern position in our investigative section. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, enrolled in a Criminal Justice degree program with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Accounting background is beneficial.
This is a paid intern position with the Federal government. Applicant may be eligible to receive commuter benefits. Intern must be willing to maintain a regular work schedule.
- Majoring in Criminal Justice.
- Computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, databases, Internet research skills).
- Writing skills (reports, memos, letters).
- Communication skills (interviews, telephone inquiries, briefing).
- Organization skills (prioritizing assignments, formatting reports, creating graphic displays).
- Professional demeanor and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Willing to work at least 30-40 hours per week
If interested, you should:
- Learn more about what an OIG does on their web site at www.cncsoig.gov and become familiar with the type of programs provided by CNCS.
- Submit resume, cover letter and transcript to Special Agent Jeff Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to March 16, 2014.
- If selected, candidate must be available for an interview in April 2014.