ATTENTION STUDENTS— Spots are still available in Global and Federal Semester Fellows Programs. APPLY NOW! Next application deadline is April 8th. We’d love to have you!
· Take a fall-semester seminar course on a topic of contemporary concern--taught by expert practitioners who bring in guest speakers (ambassadors, industry experts, etc.)!
· Obtain an extraordinary spring internship at sites ranging from the White House, media outlets, federal agencies, NGOs, private organizations, embassies, research shops, etc.
· Gain Scholarship in Practice credit
· Receive spring internship credit through our program or through your major or other program!
· Earn a notation on your transcript as a Federal or Global Semester Fellow!
· Enjoy year round empowerment activities: field trips, professional development, conversations with industry leaders, individual help obtaining internships.
· Join a lively, engaged student cohort group (and alumni network)!
· Program Concentrations: Science Diplomacy, Public Health Policy, Energy and Environment Policy, and many more!
For details and an application form, go to EITHER http://federalsemester.umd.edu and/or http://globalsemesterdc.umd.edu or come by our office: 2407 Marie Mount Hall, 301-314-0261. Fill out ONE application and rank your choices across the two programs. Next application deadline is April 8th. Rolling admission afterwards! No need for recommendation letters unless you wish to add them; and they can come later!
Information about Science Diplomacy Program:
Through expert speakers, presentations, readings, and negotiation exercises, students will explore the critical roles that diplomats and negotiators can play in the exchange and shaping of technological and scientific innovation. You do not need to be a STEM major to make change happen! The instructors, top officials at the State Department, started as Fine Arts and English majors.